We welcome all applicants in compliance with Federal, State, and Local Fair Housing rules. We do not discriminate in the rental of properties on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital/familial status, disability, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation. Following is The Nordstrom Group, Inc’s (TNGI) recommended qualifying criteria. Landlords may make exception to our guidelines. Protected classes are not a consideration in any such exceptions.
Number of Occupants: No more than 2 people per bedroom.
Smoking: Smoking tobacco, marijuana (whether or not a medical marijuana card is possessed) or any other substance is not permitted on the premises.
Pets: Subject to approval. Pet policies and pet rent/Fees are established by Landlords. Pets must be 1 year or older and housetrained. Pet weight limits and the number of pets may be mandated by some Homeowner Associations or Landlords. Known aggressive breeds may be rejected by Homeowners Associations or Landlords’ Insurance Carriers. A general limit of 2 animal per rental unit applies. There may be exceptions at the landlord’s discretion, depending on the type of pets and property.
Assistive Animals: Service animals and assistance animals for people with disabilities are permitted to the full extent required by the Fair Housing Act (FHAct), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and all interpretive regulations and guidelines applicable thereto, with respect to animals that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities.
Emotional Support Animals: Require an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Letter from a licensed medical professional.
Income: Gross monthly income of a minimum of 3 times monthly rent.
Joint Applicants: Combined incomes will be accepted with 1 year of good, verifiable rental history together. Without this history, each applicant’s income must be 3X the rent amount.
Employment: At least two years or more at the same job with no gaps between employers and proof of income.
Self- Employed: Proof of income for 2 years.
Acceptable Proof of Income: Tax returns, bank statements, W-2s, 1099s, pay stubs.
Previous Rental History: Rental history will weigh heavily in the approval process. TNGI will make reasonable attempts to contact previous landlords submitted by applicant. However, it is the applicant’s responsibility to supply rental history information.
Credit score: A credit report will be obtained. Scores of 630 or higher are preferred.
Monthly Income to Debt: These ratios are considered in the approval process. Tax liens, collection accounts, delinquent account are also considered. Because bankruptcy and foreclosures affect the credit rating, these items are reviewed and may be questioned, but will not necessarily disqualify the applicant at the discretion of the Landlord.
Bankruptcy: If recent, applicant must qualify in all categories except credit. If more than 2 years, good payment patterns and history should be established since the bankruptcy.
Co-signers: Must be Arizona residents, have credit scores of 750 or above and income equal to 5 times the combination of the rent rate plus guarantor’s mortgage or rent payment. If married, both spouses must sign as guarantors. Landlords are not required to accept co-signers.
Additional Background: Additional information may be obtained from a National Court Report (criminal courts), Bankruptcy Report, Eviction Report, Office of Foreign Assets Control and Social Security/Address verifications, among other sources.
- No registered sex offenders.
- No persons convicted of or who have pleaded guilty to a sexual offense involving minors, regardless of whether registration has been required.
- No persons that have ever been convicted of, pleaded guilty to or been released after being incarcerated for a felony drug offense of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance as defined in 21 U.S.C. Section 802, et. seq.
- No persons that have been convicted of, pleaded guilty to or been released after incarceration for production, sale or distribution of any illicit drug, drug related criminal activity, violent criminal activity against persons or property and any other criminal activity threatening the health and safety of others within seven years preceding the rental application.
- No persons that have been convicted of, or pleaded guilty to or been released after being incarcerated for a felony including Murder, Manslaughter, Robbery, Burglary, Theft, Violence against persons, Crimes against persons of all types, Crimes against property of all types, within the seven years preceding the rental application.
- No persons that have been convicted of, pleaded guilty to, or been released after incarceration for any crime (misdemeanor or felony) involving criminal damage, other crimes against persons or property, or crimes involving fraud or dishonesty within five years preceding the rental application.
If the prospective tenant has additional information that they believe mitigates negative information that may be contained in their financial or criminal history, the applicant should provide such information and methods to verify such information. Landlords will be provided such information and will make any final decision as to whether the information provided is sufficient to outweigh any otherwise disqualifying information.